[SciPy-User] GMMs was Re: [ANN] scikit.statsmodels 0.2.0 release

Helge Reikeras helge.reikeras@gmail....
Sun Feb 21 10:23:27 CST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:19 PM, David Warde-Farley <dwf@cs.toronto.edu>wrote:

> On 19-Feb-10, at 10:49 AM, josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > He added last year the MIT license to all his code, except
> > unfortunately his time series code. I will eventually target his GMM
> > code, but some of the Gauss support functions are not yet available in
> > python.
>
> By GMM do you mean Gaussian mixture? I have some fairly well-tested
> code for that if you're interested (with a bunch of features like
> selective component updates, various sorts of pseudocount strategies,
> etc.
>
> David

David,

I am looking into Variational Bayesian Inference for simultaneous learning
of GMM model parameters and model complexity. Have you (or anyone else on
the SciPy list) ever looked at this?

Best regards,
Helge