[SciPy-User] Reg: google summer of code 2010

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Mon Feb 22 15:07:16 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Mohit Goyal <mohitiiit@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a masters student doing research in data engineering. I have done
> projects involving web development and data management in python.
>            I want to contribute to scipy via gsoc 2010. I am  interested in
> working on data related projects in scipy like improving  data sources and
> integrate it into all the numpy/scipy , adding data sets and examples to
> scipy, data analysis etc.
>
> Please suggest  me how to proceed.

Have a look at the replies to your last e-mail to the dev list on Feb.
17th here: <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel/12827>.
 These are some good suggestions.  In answer to the issues raised in
the thread, you should clarify what you're referring to, ie., would
you want to work one the machine learning scikit or the data I/O?  If
it's the datasource project, I would also search the mailing list for
discussions about this over the last year or so.

It's good to go ahead and start getting together a proposal and
application.  People on the mailing lists will be very helpful in
giving feedback and guiding you in the right direction.

One thing I would like to see is some more work on David C.'s dataset
proposal (that we have been following with a few changes for the
statsmodels scikit).  Is this still accurate of the status?
<http://www.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/MachineLearning#Datasetsconcept>

Cheers,

Skipper