[SciPy-User] fisher's exact.py stalls?

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sat Jan 2 17:42:38 CST 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Pete Shepard <peter.shepard@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using "fishersexact.py" to compare two long ~10,000 lists of ratios.
> Each time I do this, the program get stuck? I can print the two ratios that
> come before the program stalls and if I give these numbers directly to the
> subroutine it seems to process them just fine. I am wondering if anyone has
> had a similar issue with  the "fishersexact.py" subroutine?

Do you mean fisherexact in the scipy trac ?

If yest, did you apply
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/956#comment:10  by tkharris
which found and fixes one endless loop.

I was working on the ticket, but got stuck with some test failures
that I haven't figured out.

Do you know for which table the function gets stuck?

Josef