[SciPy-User] ValueError: setting and array element with a sequence

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Jan 11 10:42:27 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:40, Bruce Ford <bruce@clearscienceinc.com> wrote:
> I'm new at this and I'm getting this error.  It looks straightforward
> enough.  Any ideas?
>
> ynew = numpy.linspace (0,360,360)/2.5
> xnew = numpy.linspace (0,180, 180)/2.5
> coords = numpy.array([xnew, ynew])
>
> yeilds:  ValueError:  setting and array element with a sequence

ynew has 360 elements. xnew has 180. They need to be the same if you
want to make an (2,N)-shape array from them.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco