[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] Audiolab on Py2.6

henry lindsay smith henrylindsaysmith@gmail....
Mon Jan 11 17:06:16 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 5:15 AM, dpfrota <dpfrota@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Robert Kern-2 wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 00:29, dpfrota <dpfrota@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> >>
> >> What is the meaning of these adresses?
> >> I opened these files, and they has some strange lines. The first file
> has
> >> only " __import__('pkg_resources').declare_namespace(__name__) ". Is
> >> module
> >> PKG necessary?
> >
> > These enable the scikits namespace such that you can have multiple
> > scikits packages installed (possibly to separate locations).
> >
> > --
> > Robert Kern
> >
> > "I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless
> > enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as
> > though it had an underlying truth."
> >   -- Umberto Eco
> >

> I made some tests and I am almost sure the problem is with this file:
> "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\scikits\audiolab\pysndfile\_sndfile.pyd".
>
> But I don´t know how to see its contents or fix the problem.
>
> Any more tips? (Please!)
> --

I have this problem as well, as far as I am aware its not fixed and is a
problem linking to the sndfile.dll.

  what are you using audiolab for?  I have got round the problem by using
wavfile in scipy to open and read wavfiles and pyaudiere to play audio.  I
even got 24bit wav files to read also I had to alter wavfile.py in my scipy
distribution which is not advisable.