[SciPy-User] scikits.timeseries or matplotlib plotting problem?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Wed Jan 13 18:00:51 CST 2010

On Jan 13, 2010, at 6:15 PM, Paweł Rumian wrote:
> hello,
>
> I'm doing some research on climate data, using Python with NumPy.

Cool ! You can also check scikits.hydroclimpy, a set of extensions to scikits.timeseries with focus on climate analysis.

> Yesterday I started implementing the scikits.timeseries package in my
> work, which occured to be almost perfect idea, but recently I ran into
> a problem with data visualisation.
>
> After some (not many) tests it seems that something weird happens when
> there is a gap in the data - the drawing is stopped there.

Ah. You're using the same data, right ?

> The other two examples (with consistent datasets) are plotted without a problem.
>
> Do you have any idea what could be the reason of this?

Might be a bug recently introduced. Let me check and get back to you.

Note that this should not deter you from using scikits.timeseries. You can always plot your data using the regular matplotlib options (using your dates as x and your series as y).
Lemme know if you need more help or if the doc is lacking on some aspects.