[SciPy-User] Gamma distribution in scipy.stats

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Jan 28 11:50:13 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:36, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could someone explain to me why doesn't scipy explicitly use the location
> and scaling parameters representing its PDF?

Because the transformation for the location and scale parameters are
the same for every PDF and is well known. However, including them in
the formula often clutters it up and obscures the differences between
PDFs.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."