[SciPy-User] many test failures on windows 64

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Jul 6 13:43:24 CDT 2010

Tue, 06 Jul 2010 11:53:22 -0600, Charles R Harris wrote:
[clip]
> Let's get this thread back to the errors. The problems seem specific to
> the python.org amd64 python, is that correct?

The SuperLU failures puzzle me. It should be "straightforward" C code,
and I don't understand what can go wrong there. The "Factor is exactly
singular" error indicates essentially means that SuperLU thinks it
detects a zero pivot or something, so something seems to fail at a fairly
low level.

This seems quite difficult to debug without a Win-64 at hand.

Another thing is that Gohlke's binaries are also built against MKL, and
SuperLU does call BLAS routines. I wonder if something can break because
of that...

@Robin: Also, for the cases where a wrong result is produced with no
error: is it easy to write a small test program demonstrating this? If
yes, could you write one?

--
Pauli Virtanen