[SciPy-User] butterworth filter on .WAV file

Peter Howard peterhoward42@gmail....
Thu Jul 8 07:00:02 CDT 2010

Hang on a minute - my brain is working backwards... am I wasting everyone's
time here...

If a .WAV file contains stereo sound data - then it's never going to work
sucking it in and simply applying a filter to the numbers is it?

So how come it sort of works?

Or is the entire NumPy/SciPy suite so clever about working in N-dimensions
that it treats the two sound channels as multi-dimensioned arrays right from
the .WAV read() call? - and the filtering is separate for each dimension?

Pete