[SciPy-User] Speeding up a search algorithm

Wed Jun 2 13:28:43 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 12:08 PM, R. Padraic Springuel <
R.Springuel@umit.maine.edu> wrote:

> I've got a search algorithm I've written which is designed to find the
> minimum value of a rank 2 ndarray (called search) and remember it
> (calling it m) and where that value was located (with the values of n1
> and n2).  While that may seem a simple enough task using min and argmin
> functions, there are a few of caveats that make using those functions
> impractical (at least they appear impractical to me):

What is the larger picture here? This sounds like a bit like you are
shooting for some
sort of clustering and there may already be an appropriate algorithm for it.

<snip>

Chuck