[SciPy-User] Speeding up a search algorithm

R. Padraic Springuel R.Springuel@umit.maine....
Thu Jun 3 12:04:42 CDT 2010

> #make a copy of the array & make the diagonal elements large (so they're not found)
> search = search.copy() + 1e20*numpy.eye(search.shape)

I've tried this solution before and came across other problems.
Unfortunately, I don't remember what those problems were (my version
history mentions that I had them and that I fixed them by changing to my
current algorithm, but not what the exact problem was).  I'll play
around with the idea, however.  At the very least I should be able to
figure out what the problem was.
--

R. Padraic Springuel
Research Assistant