[SciPy-User] Is the scipy docs "Front" page up-to-date?

Vincent Davis vincent@vincentdavis....
Thu Jun 3 17:49:04 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:30 PM, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Vincent Davis <vincent@vincentdavis.net>
>> wrote:

>>> I meant to post this on the Dev list.
>>>
>>> And just to be clear.
>>> form this page
>>> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/
>>> clicking on
>>> "Write, review and proof the documentation" http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/
>>> and then at the top right link
>>> "scipy.org editor" http://docs.scipy.org/scipyorg/  which forwards to
>>> http://docs.scipy.org/scipyorg/Front%20Page/
>>> Which is not
>>> http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/Front%20Page/
>>
>> Correct, from http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/ you want the link just to the
>> left of "scipy.org editor," namely Scipy documentation editor - very
>> confusing - can someone suggest a solution?
>
> I think the description in
> http://docs.scipy.org/scipyorg/Front%20Page/ is relatively clear
>
> "scipy.org editor
> This is an editor for a tentative new version of the scipy.org site,
> which currently runs on Moinmoin. We are experimenting on moving the
> most important parts to Sphinx."

In retrospect yes it is clear.

> maybe point to the other two editors in the Warning, or tell
> contributors that there are 3 editors now.

I would suggest having only one page. With the current and new system
explained. It is to me more clear than that I should edit the current
system and not the new and the two are distinct. One of the problems
is that they look the same. I thought the page was out of date because
I thought it was the same site. My suggestion is that if it is not
used the link should be difficult to find or documented but not
actually a link html link.
To be clear "Please do not to use this editor yet -- things are still
too much in motion." To me this looks like the same place as the rest
of the wiki I can't tell it is a different editor than
http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/Front%20Page/

Vincent