[SciPy-User] Gaussian filter on an angle

Gary Ruben gruben@bigpond.net...
Fri Jun 4 08:11:07 CDT 2010

I'm probably misunderstanding what you want because I don't know what an
angle field is, but maybe you want to radon transform (or inverse radon
transform) the data first, then apply a 1D filter before inverse
transforming. If you have access to Matlab you could try the radon and
iradon functions. I have some Python code for doing these, part of which
has licensing problems wrt getting it into scikits.image.

Apologies if I've completely misunderstood what you want to do,

Gary