[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] numpy and C

tinauser tinauser@libero...
Wed Jun 9 06:38:21 CDT 2010

Dear Charles,
thanks for the reply.
The part of code causing the problem was exactly this

Pymatout_img->data= cam_frame->data;
where Pymatout is a PyArrayObject and cam_frame is a structure having a
pointer to undefined char data.

The code works all right if I recast in this way

Pymatout_img->data= (char*)cam_frame->data;

I'm not sure if this is allowed;I guessed it works because even if
Pymatout_img->data is always a pointer to char, the PyArrayObject looks in
->descr->type_num to see what is the data type.

cheers