[SciPy-User] leastsq returns bizarre, not fitted, output for float values

Thu Jun 10 10:15:50 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Matthieu Rigal <rigal@rapideye.de> wrote:
>
>> OK, I've found the bug...
>>
>> Somehow the leastsq function is not working if both data sets are float 32
>> type.
>> By just adding following line the problem is solved :
>> aX = numpy.asarray(aX, dtype=numpy.float64)
>>
>> Is it a known bug ? Should I add it to the bug tracker ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Matthieu
>>

> I think you should open a ticket and include a simple example.

I also note that the documentation of leastsq is totally screwed up and the
covariance returned is not the covariance, nor is it the currently
documented Jacobian.

Chuck