[SciPy-User] Import Error - numpy\linalg\lapack_lite.pyo

Andrew Kelly ndrukelly@gmail....
Fri Jun 11 16:25:16 CDT 2010

I seemed to have stumbled upon a strange issue:

I recently compiled my program with py2exe.  It works on several of my
windows machines but am getting an odd error on one of the Windows Server
2003 machines (strangely it works on some but not all):

*File "numpy\linalg\lapack_lite.pyo", line10, in __load*
*ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found*

If I take a look at the offending line I think it may just be looking in the
wrong place (perhaps because of py2exe?):

*mod = imp.load_dynamic(__name__, path)*

where path is either:

*os.path.dirname(__loader__.archive)+'numpy.linalg.lapack_lite.pyd'*

or

*sys.prefix+'numpy.linalg.lapack_lite.pyd'*

Is py2exe breaking these paths?