[SciPy-User] Building extensions on Win64 with GNU compilers

David david@silveregg.co...
Tue Jun 15 02:38:59 CDT 2010

On 06/14/2010 11:50 PM, Sturla Molden wrote:

> I need libmsvcr90.a and libpython26.a for building extensions on Win64
> with GNU compilers (gcc, g++, gfortran). Import libraries are only
> available for Win32.
>
> Looking at:
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/wiki/MicrosoftToolchainSupport
>
> This page contain a script with an invalid regex:
>
> TABLE = re.compile(r'^\s+\[([\s*\d*)\] (\w*)')

The page is outdated, and there is a script in
tools/win32build/misc/msvcrt90 (yop.sh - I should change it to a real
name) to do it. You need cygwin as well to do it.

But I suspect you won't be able to do much: if you build numpy with
visual studio and say Intel Fortran compiler, you won't be able to use
gfortran with it. Last time I looked at it, there were numerous issues
because of C runtime clashes between the MS runtime and libgfortran - I
think the only solution would be to rewrite our own libgfortran and
compile it with the MS compiler so that they all use the same C runtime.

cheers,

David