[SciPy-User] Boxcar smoothing of 1D data array...?

thoeger@nbi.... thoeger@nbi....
Sat Jun 12 10:28:45 CDT 2010

Hello list;

This seems like it should be a simple task, but I couldn't seem to find
anything in the docs about it - or rather, what I found seems to be from
the Numeric/Numarray days and not valid anymore.

As the subject line suggests, I have a 1D array that I want to
smooth/convolve with a Boxcar kernel of a certain width. In IDL there's
simply a function to do this, and there might be something people have
hacked together out there to do it too - but isn't there a simple way to
do it using built-in NumPy and SciPy tools?

 Cheers;
Emil