[SciPy-User] info scipy.ndimage.filters.maximum_filter

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart@normalesup....
Wed Jun 23 04:17:41 CDT 2010

Hello,

most of scipy.ndimage routines are written in C and then wrapped in
Python. This makes code introspection a bit more difficult. For
scipy.ndimage.filters.maximum_filter, the core of the routine can be
found in the source file scipy/ndimage/src/ni_filters.c (the path of
scipy sources depends on your installation), inside the
NI_MinOrMaxFilter1D function (I don't know if you're familiar with C).

If you're using the Ipython shell, a useful trick is to type '%edit
function_name" to open the source code in a text editor, for example
>>> from scipy import ndimage
>>> %edit ndimage.maximum_filter
Editing... done. Executing edited code...

will open the the Python file with the wrapper. Of course, this feature
is more useful when functions are written only with Python.

I don't know if this partly answers your question or not...

Cheers,

Emmanuelle