[SciPy-User] Up-to-date SciPy/NumPy docs

Pierre Raybaut pierre.raybaut@gmail....
Thu Jun 24 03:43:25 CDT 2010

Hi,

> Hi,
>
> Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:42:46 +0200, Pierre Raybaut wrote:
> > In other words, I would really appreciate .chm docs to be updated to the
> > latest stable releases of NumPy and SciPy. I'm sure that all Windows
> > scientific Python users will appreciate as well!
>
> Note that if you wish to ship up-to-date CHM files, you should be able to
> build them on Windows, in case we're too slow to respond.

Of course I can. But if I had to build every single documentation for
every single package included in Python(x,y)... well there won't be
any Python(x,y)!
I can't afford to spend so much time on each library. At some point,
every library developer has to his job entirely: writing source code,
building binaries and distributing them *and* doing the same for
documentation. When building a module distribution like Python(x,y),
my job should be to redistribute and to package things, not to build
them from scratch. (Of course there are exceptions like VTK and ITK
which I build every time from source.)

This being said, I'm conscious that documentation may seem like a
waste of time for developers, but from the user point of view
documentation is almost as important as code itself.

Cheers,
Pierre