[SciPy-User] Up-to-date SciPy/NumPy docs

Thu Jun 24 08:24:03 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Pierre Raybaut <pierre.raybaut@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying things regarding SciPy/NumPy docs stability.
>
> From what I understand, I think that the best for Python(x,y) is to
> keep distributing the outdated versions of the docs. After all,
> essential features are still the same and were already well
> documented.

There are quite a few improvements especially in the numpy docs. Are you
only interested in .chm, or is pdf/html fine. I've got pdf's for 1.4.1 and
0.7.2 on my computer somewhere for sure, so I could send them to you by
tomorrow.

> > On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Pierre Raybaut <
> pierre.raybaut@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I was planning to update Python(x,y) NumPy and SciPy plugins up to
> >> (resp.) v1.4.1 and v0.7.2 for a long time now but I was waiting for
> >> the documentation to be updated as well. But when I'm going to SciPy
> >> documentation website, there are either still outdated versions of
> >> NumPy and Scipy documentation available for download.

If you haven't started yet, I would strongly suggest to use scipy 0.8.0b1.
Or if you really want a final release, wait a week (or two at most). Despite
the recent date of release of 0.7.2 the code it's based on is from Jan 2009,
0.8.0 is far better even in beta form.

Cheers,
Ralf