[SciPy-User] corrcoef and dump

R. Padraic Springuel R.Springuel@umit.maine....
Fri Jun 25 12:04:09 CDT 2010

Each of the 15 arrays between which I want the calculations has
6,695,970 entries in it.  I tried feeding corrcoef just two of the lists
and while I don't get a MemoryError (the python exception), I do get a
couple of these errors:

Python(337) malloc: *** mmap(size=2678390784) failed (error code=12)
*** error: can't allocate region

They don't seem to make the program fail, however, as I still get a
result from corrcoef.

I found a function I'd written some time before to calculate the
correlation coefficient that doesn't raise that error and its results
agree with those from corrcoef, so there has to be an implementation
thing going on here with memory usage.
--

R. Padraic Springuel
Research Assistant