[SciPy-User] Single precision FFT insufficiently accurate.

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun Jun 27 18:29:27 CDT 2010

Sun, 27 Jun 2010 23:13:44 +0200, Sebastian Haase wrote:
> this workaround seems in-acceptable if single-precision was used (by the
> user of SciPy) because of memory constrains .... !!!

Suggest a better one, then.

We cannot just return incorrect results, which FFTPACK seems to produce,
especially as this easily occurs in the size range where memory
constraints would be important.

Moreover, single-precision FFT is a new feature in 0.8.x, so it probably
does not have an exceedingly large number of users yet who rely on it.

--
Pauli Virtanen