[SciPy-User] How can I build an rpm of lapack

David david@silveregg.co...
Wed Jun 30 02:11:36 CDT 2010

On 06/30/2010 03:45 PM, Nils Wagner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> SUSE (and Red Hat) regularly shipped versions of the BLAS
> library where some functions were missing. Hence I would
> like to build my own rpm's of lapack and blas.
> Where can I find some instructions to build rpms of lapack
> and blas ?
>
> Any pointer would be appreciated.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/RPM_Guide/index.html

Note that the learning curve is pretty involved. Packaging your own
packages only makese sense if you need to install the same software on
many machines.

Besides rpm, you need to know the conventions of your distribution (a
RPM for SUSE is not the same as an RPM for RH which is itself different
from a rpm for Fedora).

David