[SciPy-User] scikits.audiolab NameError

Nils Wagner nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart...
Thu Mar 4 13:29:10 CST 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:13:49 -0800
  Agile Aspect <agile.aspect@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Nils Wagner
> <nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:01:22 -0800
>>  Agile Aspect <agile.aspect@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> On CentOS/Fedora
>>>
>>>       yum install alsa\*
>>>

>> alsa is already installed...
>>
>> header file are available in /usr/include/alsa
>> the library libasound.a is in /usr/lib64
>>
>> I haven't a clue what is going on here.
>
> If this is a runtime error then the ALSA backend was
>never built.
>
> Despite the fact that no sound system was found during
>the build, it
> still installs the files and creates the impression
>everything is
> honky dory.
>
> Rebuild it and direct the output to a file - the output
>will probably
> indicate the ALSA backend was never found.
>
> --
>      Enjoy global warming while it lasts.

Hi all,

I just managed the installation of audiolab on
opensuse11.2

I have installed libsndfile from source. It doesn't work
with the rpm's provided by opensuse.
Furthermore I have used the following site.cfg

[sndfile]
library_dirs = /home/nwagner/local/lib
include_dirs = /home/nwagner/local/include
sndfile_libs = sndfile
[alsa]
library_dirs = /usr/lib64
include_dirs = /usr/include

The [alsa] section is necessary to detect libasound.a

Now it works for me.

Cheers

                          Nils