[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] Audiolab on Py2.6

SteveRedmond steveredmond@sympatico...
Fri Mar 5 07:31:26 CST 2010

ninjasmith wrote:

>> I made some tests and I am almost sure the problem is with this file:
>> "C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\scikits\audiolab\pysndfile\_sndfile.pyd".
>>
>> But I don´t know how to see its contents or fix the problem.
>>
>> Any more tips? (Please!)
>> --
>
> I have this problem as well, as far as I am aware its not fixed and is a
> problem linking to the sndfile.dll.

I just want to echo that I have this problem too.

I am using WinXP Home SP3 and a new full installation of Python(x,y)-2.6.2.
The simplest attempt to import from _sndfile.pyd is causing audiolab to
fail, e.g., a one line script, "from scikits.audiolab import Sndfile",
results in the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\scikits\audiolab\pysndfile\__init__.py", line
1, in <module>
    from _sndfile import Sndfile, Format, available_file_formats,
available_encodings
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

I hope this is only a small and familiar glitch, and that David Cournapeau
can get a round to it soon.  Audiolab looked promising until this issue
stopped me.

SteveR