[SciPy-User] Compiling scipy.sparse.sparsetools extension throws g++ internal error

Diederik van Liere dvanliere@gmail....
Mon Mar 8 22:27:50 CST 2010

> Diederik van Liere wrote:

>>* I need scipy.linalg although I prefer a complete working version of*>>* Scipy because it might the case the sparse module is required by one*>>* of other libraries I am suing.*
> Indeed - not building scipy.sparse is clearly a temporary workaround, I
> would not advise to do this as a long term solution. Another obvious
> thing to try is building the scipy's trunk, or re-generating the c++
> sources from swig. The latter, by generating a different file, may be
> able to exercise another codepath in g++, and avoid the crash depending
> on where the crash happens in g++.

Thanks David, I disable the sparse package and scipy builds fine (I am
already using the latest SVN version of Scipy).

However,when I import scipy.linalg I receive the following error in Python:

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/linalg/clapack.so:
undefined symbol: clapack_sgesv

Which looks very similar to this bug report:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1031

I would like to give you more detailed information but I am not sure
what you need / or how to provide that.

> Ideally, if you could find-out what part of the code causes the crash
> and report the bug, we may be able to implement a workaround in scipy.

> cheers,

> David

PS: I hope this reply does not start a new thread, don't know how to
prevent that.