[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] ATLAS install has no effect

stair314 ia3n@stanford....
Thu Mar 11 14:21:35 CST 2010

I'm following the instructions at:
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Linux#head-40c26a5b93b9afc7e3241e1d7fd84fe9326402e7

After following the instructions for installing ATLAS, I do get the expected
files:
% ls /usr/lib/atlas/sse2
libblas.so.3.0  liblapack.so.3.0

However, the instructions recommend squaring a 1000x1000 matrix with and
without LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to use ATLAS to test whether the installation
worked. I get no difference when setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to use ATLAS. Also,
this task takes less than a second in Matlab but is taking 10.3 seconds in
numpy. Any ideas how to diagnose whether numpy is using ATLAS or if my
installation of ATLAS is just slow?

Thanks in advance.