[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] ATLAS install has no effect

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Fri Mar 12 12:54:57 CST 2010

On 12-Mar-10, at 3:05 AM, David Cournapeau wrote:

>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH would need to have been set at build time, not just
>> at
>> run time.
>
> Not exactly: LD_LIBRARY_PATH only change the loader path (that is
> which
> shared libraries are loaded when a process is started, as well as
> dlopen).

Yep, but in order for the build to detect ATLAS he'd have to have the
loader path set at build time too, right?

>> AFAIK NumPy will only link ATLAS in statically (I could be
>> wrong about this).
>
> Atlas may be linked dynamically as well.

Ah okay. Well, regardless, the build doesn't seem to be finding it,
according to his show_config().

David