[SciPy-User] Maximum file size for .npz format?

Ryan May rmay31@gmail....
Fri Mar 12 19:54:01 CST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Paul Anton Letnes
<paul.anton.letnes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12. mars 2010, at 16.35, Ryan May wrote:
>> You could try pupynere, which is pure python, only a single file
>> (netcdf 3 only).
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pupynere/
>
> pupynere is read-only, which of course is a show-stopper.
>
> Everyone else, thanks for good advice. I still can't get netcdf4-python to work with my netcdf4 library though, which it won't detect, for some mysterious reason... Anyway, h5py seems like a nice module - thanks Keith! I think I might go that route instead.

No, it does allow writing.  At the top of the link I sent before
(which I'm guessing you didn't read :)  ):

"Pupynere is a Python module for reading and writing NetCDF files...."

It works pretty well for me.  The only problem is that it doesn't
allow modifying files, but that's not too bad of a limitation. The
pure python part makes it really simple to install (it doesn't even
rely on having the official netcdf libraries installed.)

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant