[SciPy-User] usemask kwd in timeseries.tsfromtxt missing?

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen@gmx-topmail...
Sun Mar 14 17:32:09 CDT 2010

> data = ts.tsfromtxt(s, delimiter=",", dtype=None,
> dateconverter=dateconverter, names=True, usemask=True)
> #TypeError: tsfromtxt() got an unexpected keyword argument 'usemask'
>
> data = ts.tsfromtxt(s, delimiter=",", dtype=None,
> dateconverter=dateconverter, names=True)
> hasattr(data,'mask')
> # True
>
> print ts.tsfromtxt.__doc__
> <snip>
>     usemask : bool, optional
>         If True, return a masked array.
>         If False, return a regular array.
> <snip>
I never really cared about whether a masked array is created or not.
Does this really make a difference in your work?
Let's wait for a comment from Pierre GM?

you may also check:
data.data
data.series