[SciPy-User] Maximum file size for .npz format?

Francesc Alted faltet@pytables....
Tue Mar 16 11:29:39 CDT 2010

A Tuesday 16 March 2010 16:05:05 David Warde-Farley escrigué:
> Hey Francesc,
>
> On 2010-03-15, at 4:16 PM, Francesc Alted <faltet@pytables.org> wrote:
> > Good!  So, I should start by looking at how it achieves that then :)
>
> Actually I did build a 4-way universal binary of HDF5. Long story
> short, because of some quirks of the build process for HDF5 it isn't
> possible to add some -arch flags to CFLAGS -- you actually have to
> build it separately for each architecture and then do something like
>
> 	make install DESTDIR=path/for/arch
>
> and then stitch them together manually with otool. I'm also not sure
> of the correct way, if there is one, to handle "hdf5.settings" -- it's
> unclear to me whether programs ever look at this at build time/
> runtime, or if it's just there for the user's convenience.

Yes, I think "hdf5.settings" it is for convenience purposes only (a fast way
to look for configuration of the compiler flags for the library).  So you
don't need to worry too much about this.

> An installer for the binaries I made is at
>
> 	http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~dwf/mirror/hdf5-1.8.4-quad.pkg

Hey, that's great.

> I can write up some instructions if that would be helpful.

Please do.  I'm definitely interested!

Thanks,

--
Francesc Alted