[SciPy-User] Maximum file size for .npz format?

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Mar 16 14:21:34 CDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:05 AM, David Warde-Farley <dwf@cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
> Hey Francesc,
>
> On 2010-03-15, at 4:16 PM, Francesc Alted <faltet@pytables.org> wrote:
>
>> Good!  So, I should start by looking at how it achieves that then :)
>
> Actually I did build a 4-way universal binary of HDF5. Long story
> short, because of some quirks of the build process for HDF5 it isn't
> possible to add some -arch flags to CFLAGS -- you actually have to
> build it separately for each architecture and then do something like
>
>        make install DESTDIR=path/for/arch
>
> and then stitch them together manually with otool.

Actually, that's a much better way of doing things generally. I wish
this was the standard way of building universal binaries, it is
usually more robust than using multiple -arch arguments, especially
when you export a public API with C headers. I use this technique
myself for all my packages pure C libraries (audiolab and samplerate
in particular),

cheers,

David