[SciPy-User] usemask kwd in timeseries.tsfromtxt missing?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Wed Mar 17 01:14:33 CDT 2010

On Mar 15, 2010, at 6:25 PM, Tim Michelsen wrote:
>> which is a subclass of MaskedArray. Therefore, `usemask` would always
>> be True. No need for a keyword argument that you can't modify, hence
>> the error message.
> Then, why is this argument not removed?

I don't follow you. The `usemask` argument is not a valid argument for `tsfromtxt` (check the function signature), that's why it's not recognized. There's nothing to remove.

> Because of the inheritance from genfromtxt?

In practice, genfromtxt has more arguments than tsfromtxt.

> Maybe it's worth mentioning this in the docstring.

Ah OK. The docstring is wrong. I'll correct that