[SciPy-User] numpy shared memory api/tests

Christopher Lee-Messer chris.leemesser@gmail....
Wed Mar 17 11:23:14 CDT 2010

I've added David B.'s shmarray and added some tests and packaging to my repo.
It seems useful to have both a sysv-style shared memory and David's
implementation which is mmap based.  I've tested that both work on
winxp, mac OS 10.6 32bit and linux kernel 2.6.x 32bit.

However, what should the api be?

If anyone wants to look at what the tests and make suggestions, I will
try to add them as I get time.

The current tests try creating small shared arrays using a
non-exhaustive list of dtypes.  shmarray.py  fails when trying to
pickle a c_double_Array_4 because multiprocessing.sharedctypes doesn't
support pickling it.  I would guess that that support would be
straightforward to add.

-chris

http://cleemesser@bitbucket.org/cleemesser/numpy-sharedmem/