[SciPy-User] accessing a set of columns from a recarray

Vincent Davis vincent@vincentdavis....
Sun Mar 21 21:20:32 CDT 2010

To many distractions let me try to write that a little better.

I have a record array and a list of columns for which I would like to get
the row means. My current solution is to iterate though the list of column
names and make a new "normal" array. then calculate the row means. I would
like to do something like np.mean(A['x','y','z']) where x,y,z are the tiles
of the columns

  *Vincent Davis
720-301-3003 *
vincent@vincentdavis.net