[SciPy-User] Terminology question

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith@gmail....
Wed Mar 24 16:11:49 CDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:16 AM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/3/24 Ernest Adrogué <eadrogue@gmx.net>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Sorry for this slightly off-topic question..
>>>
>>> In a statistical model, what do you call the equation that
>>> defines the independent variable in terms of one or more
>>> dependent variables?

What the others said, except that we usually think of "the model" as
expressing the dependent variable(s) in terms of the independent
variable(s) (the opposite of what you wrote), so strictly speaking, I
guess we'd call what you were asking for (if that's what you really
meant) "the inverse model."

DG