[SciPy-User] How to estimate error in polynomial coefficients from scipy.polyfit?

Jeremy Conlin jlconlin@gmail....
Thu Mar 25 15:32:39 CDT 2010

I am using scipy.polyfit to fit a curve to my data.  Members of this
list have been integral in my understanding of how to use this
function.  Now I would like to know how I can get the uncertainties
(standard deviations) of polynomial coefficients from the returned
values from scipy.polyfit.  If I understand correctly, the residuals
are sometimes called the R^2 error, right?  That gives an estimate of
how well we have fit the data.  I don't know how to use rank or any of
the other returned values to get the uncertainties.

Can someone please help?
Thanks,
Jeremy