[SciPy-User] How do I use vonmises.fit()?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Mar 30 14:21:35 CDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 14:10, David Ho <itsdho@ucla.edu> wrote:

> PS: I also don't fully understand the "scale" and "loc" parameters for all
> of the continuous random variables.
> Does "loc" always correspond to the mean, and "scale" always correspond to
> the square root of the variance, or something else?

No, they are location and scale parameters. Sometimes they correspond
with particular parameters in the canonical representation of the
distribution, but sometimes not. For some distributions (particularly
those usually presented with restricted domains like von Mises), we
add them in order to have a uniform implementation for all
distributions.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."