[SciPy-User] Kurtosis/Skewness

Dan bole d.boles@hotmail....
Tue Mar 30 16:04:24 CDT 2010

Hi all,
I am trying to create a series of random variables selected from a distribution.  I would like this distribution to start as a normal distribution, but then be altered based on assumptions of skewness and kurtosis (so I am not calculating skewness/kurtosis from a dataset, but instead creating the probability density function from assumptions of skewness/kurtosis).  I can create a normal distribution and then pull random variables from this, and was wondering if it is possible to create a distribution based on assumptions of skewness and kurtosis?
Many thanks,Dan