[SciPy-User] Central File Exchange for SciPy

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Mon Nov 1 14:57:01 CDT 2010

Hi,

> What viral licensing mess? Accidentally releasing GPLed code as part
> of your code does *not* retroactively make the rest of your code GPLed
> without your consent.

Puzzled to explain, but by 'mess' I mean that, if you want to make
code that does not violate the license terms, you will have to go back
rip out the GPL parts, and if they've been in there for a while, it
can be a mess.

By 'accidentally relicense' I mean copy GPL code, make some small
changes, and then enter a BSD license without realizing that you've
just radically changed the licensing terms.

I'm not quite sure what misunderstanding you are trying to correct.

See you,

Matthew