[SciPy-User] Central File Exchange for SciPy

Mon Nov 1 18:07:28 CDT 2010

On 11/1/10 3:58 PM, Jochen Schröder wrote:
> Even if the snippet is licensed BSD you cannot simply copy and paste a
> code snippet. You have to include the license and copyright notice of
> the original author.

Exactly, which is why I think "snippets" are best put in the public
domain. yes, I know that public domain is not a license, and is even a
bit murky legally, but for small little chunks of code:

"I'm putting this out there without claiming copyright -- do with it
what you will"

really is appropriate.

It's more or less what we all do when we post a little code snippet on
this list in response to a question.

-Chris

ps: IANAL, blah, blah.