[SciPy-User] Res: cumtrapz

Paulo Jabardo pjabardo@yahoo.com...
Thu Nov 4 10:05:57 CDT 2010

The best way to integrate an accelaration signal is to use the fft. But you have
to watch out: low frequency noise gets amplified so it is *essential* that you
use a high-pass filter on the signal.

I'm writing a small library with a few signal processing functions that
implement exactly what you want:

http://bitbucket.org/pjabardo/pysignal

The functions you want are in filt.py - hpfilt and fseries - integral tha
integrates/derivates a signal using FFT.

Example:
a = ...

import pysignal

af = pysignal.hpfilt(a, 0.05, 1)    #1 - Sampling frequency, 0.05 - filter

x = pysignal.integral(af, 2)   # 2 - Integrate 2 times, negative numbers -
derivatives.

I hope this helps.