[SciPy-User] Distance matrix with periodic boundary conditions

Dan Lussier dtlussier@gmail....
Wed Nov 17 11:17:59 CST 2010

Hi Ramon,

I've run into a similar experience before - I wasn't able to find
another scipy module that did the job so I ended up doing a somewhat
crude implementation of my own for doing post-processing of molecular
dynamics simulation data.

It is a variation on a cell-linked-list decomposition method that is
commonly seen in molecular simulation and relies on the particle
interaction being cutoff at some small or intermediate value relative
to the total size of the domain.

If it might work for you I can post some of the key parts of the code,
or send you a file or two offlist.  Let me know.

Dan