[SciPy-User] Proposal for a new data analysis toolbox

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Mon Nov 22 10:14:28 CST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 7:52 AM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like statistics (scipy.stats and statsmodels) to stick with
> default axis=0.
> I would be in favor of axis=None for nan extended versions of numpy
> functions and axis=0 for stats functions as defaults, but since it
> will be a standalone package with wider usage, I will be able to keep
> track of axis=-1.

Please let's keep everything using the same default -- it doesn't
actually make life simpler if for every function I have to squint and
try to remember whether or not it's a "stats function". (Like, what's
"mean"?)

I think the world already has a sufficient supply of arbitrarily
inconsistent scientific APIs.

-- Nathaniel