[SciPy-User] Proposal for a new data analysis toolbox

Keith Goodman kwgoodman@gmail....
Tue Nov 23 13:23:22 CST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman@gmail.com> wrote:
> This thread started on the numpy list:
> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2010-November/053958.html

Based on the feedback I got on the scipy and numpy lists, I expanded
the focus of the Nanny project from A to B, where

A = Faster, drop-in replacement of the NaN functions in Numpy and Scipy
B = Fast, NaN-aware descriptive statistics of NumPy arrays

I also renamed the project from Nanny to dsna (descriptive statistics
of numpy arrays) and dropped the nan prefix from all function names
(the package is simpler if all functions are NaN aware). A description
of the project can be found in the readme file here:

http://github.com/kwgoodman/dsna