[SciPy-User] Proposal for a new data analysis toolbox

Sebastian Haase seb.haase@gmail....
Tue Nov 23 15:09:58 CST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This thread started on the numpy list:
>> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2010-November/053958.html
>
> Based on the feedback I got on the scipy and numpy lists, I expanded
> the focus of the Nanny project from A to B, where
>
> A = Faster, drop-in replacement of the NaN functions in Numpy and Scipy
> B = Fast, NaN-aware descriptive statistics of NumPy arrays
>
> I also renamed the project from Nanny to dsna (descriptive statistics
> of numpy arrays) and dropped the nan prefix from all function names
> (the package is simpler if all functions are NaN aware). A description
> of the project can be found in the readme file here:
>
> http://github.com/kwgoodman/dsna

Nanny did have the advantage of being "catchy" - and easy to remember... !
no chance of remembering a 4 ("random") letter sequence....
If you want to change the name, I suggest including the idea of
speed/cython/.. or so -- wasn't that the original idea ....

- Sebastian Haase