[SciPy-User] Proposal for a new data analysis toolbox

Sebastian Haase seb.haase@gmail....
Tue Nov 23 15:31:12 CST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Keith Goodman <kwgoodman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Nanny did have the advantage of being "catchy" - and easy to remember... !
> >> no chance of remembering a 4 ("random") letter sequence....
> >> If you want to change the name, I suggest including the idea of
> >> speed/cython/.. or so -- wasn't that the original idea ....
> >
> > "disnay" maybe?
>
> Ha!
>
> dis = no
> nay = no
>
> Let's flip it around: proyay
>
> Ugh.

If you don't like nanny -- how about "datty"  or "danny" (something
from Data Analysis....)
[two consonants (like 'tt' or 'nn') make it sound fast ;-)  ]

(don't forget to google the existence of a name (in connection to
python) before you finally choose)

-S.