[SciPy-User] suddenly no interpolate

John washakie@gmail....
Wed Nov 24 06:20:03 CST 2010

I think I may have discovered it...

I can do this:

from scipy.interpolate import inter2d

but I cannot do this:

interpolator = scipy.interpolate.inter2d(x,y,z)

I guess it just has to do with whether interpolate is a package or a
module. It seems it is the former??

Thanks,
john

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 1:04 PM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 6:33 AM, John <washakie@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any reason I would suddenly be getting this error:
>> 'module' object has no attribute 'interpolate'
>>
>> I've used the interpolate feature quite a bit without problems... but
>> suddenly I am getting this error. This is with scipy 0.8.0
>
> This error often shows up if you have a different module with the same
> name on the python path, for example in the local working directory.
>
> Can you provide more information and the full traceback, otherwise
> it's impossible to tell what might be going on?
>
> Josef
>

>> Thanks,
>> john

Configuration
``````````````````````````
Plone 2.5.3-final,
CMF-1.6.4,
Zope (Zope 2.9.7-final, python 2.4.4, linux2),
Python 2.6
PIL 1.1.6
Mailman 2.1.9
Postfix 2.4.5