[SciPy-User] ANN: IEP 2.3 (the Interactive Editor for Python)

Christian K. ckkart@hoc....
Fri Nov 26 13:31:34 CST 2010

Hi Almar,

Am 26.11.10 16:47, schrieb Almar Klein:
> Hi all,
>
> I am pleased to announce version 2.3 of IEP, the interactive Editor for
> Python.
>
> IEP is a cross-platform Python IDE focused on interactivity and
> introspection, which makes it very suitable for scientific computing.
> Its practical design is aimed at simplicity and efficiency.
>
> website: http://code.google.com/p/iep/ <http://code.google.com/p/iep/>
> downloads: http://code.google.com/p/iep/downloads/list
> <http://code.google.com/p/iep/downloads/list> (binaries are available
> for Windows, Linux and Mac)

the mac binary does not work here. It looks for a python 3.1
installation in soem special place which I do not have:

Dyld Error Message:
   Library not loaded:
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/Python
   Referenced from: /Applications/iep.app/Contents/MacOS/iep
   Reason: image not found

I always assumed an os x app contains everything it needs to run. Am I
wrong?

Christian